Check In Form is to help backers to have an agreement upon checking-in for boarding. In the event of a dispute this form will help with the following:
1. Protect backers in the event of issues such as when a pet is declared as flea and tick free but discovered otherwise during the delivery of the service.
2. Proof that the backer's claim corresponds with the furry kids condition upon check in.
3. Supporting documents to support any disputes in the future.
What to do with this check in form?
1. Print out this Check In Form for pet owner to fill in
2. Check the furry kids carefully. Note any injuries or abnormality in the form in detail e.g. Scratches and blood scab on hind leg.
3. Have the pet owner sign the form as an agreement to check in the furry kids as mentioned in the form.
Paypal transaction fee will be borne by PetBacker if withdrawing more than the equivalent of USD$100 to your Paypal account. Paypal will charge you a small fee of roughly 5% for withdrawals lesser than the equivalent of USD$100.
If you are in these countries, withdrawals are free for any amount. PetBacker is working to support more countries for free withdrawals.
- Singapore (payout to Bank account)
- Hong Kong (payout to Paypal)
- Malaysia (payout to Bank account)
- United States (payout to Zelle)
- Australia (payout to Paypal)
- India (payout to Bank account)
- China (payout to Wechat)
* Payout minimum is revised to USD50 for the Phillipines
To reply the review, you need to:
1. Go to profile, select any listing
2. Select edit listing details
3. Select review
4. Select the review that you want to reply to
5. Reply to the review
As a token of appreciation to our beloved Backers who support PetBacker, we offer an incentive program to lower the service fees charged to you for requests that you are hired for. The reduction in transaction fees are implemented in levels based on the number of jobs you have completed. This incentive program is only applicable to Backers who offer their services exclusively on PetBacker.
|Number of jobs||Service Fee|
|0 - 5||25%|
|6 - 150||20%|
|151 - 300||19%|
|301 - 1000||18%|
|1001 - 2000||17%|
|2001 - 3000||16%|
* The fees for broadcast jobs will default to 40% if it is discovered or reported that you are not exclusive to PetBacker. Private jobs will remain at the percentage you have previous achieved. From 1st January 2021 onwards, Pet Training services will remain with a fixed 35% service fees due to the high cost of advertising dog training and exempted from any incentive program.
Service users that are discovered or reported to offer their services on a competing platform will still enjoy service fees for private jobs from 25% to as low as 15% as per the incentive program however broadcast jobs will be charged at 30%. This is to be fair to loyal service users who work on PetBacker exclusively as well as allows us to more accurately monitor the number of pets the service user takes care of at any one time to provide a safer and more secure pet care.
Its just a 3 step process to resume a listing that has been paused.
1) Check if your listing has been paused
2) Tap on the 3 dot menu
3) Tap on "Resume Listing"
That's it! If your listing has been successfully resumed, the status will show "Listed"
Service users are required to collect the pet at a time and place agreed upon with the Pet Service Provider at the time of booking. In the event the pet is not collected at the said time and place, the Pet Service Provider receives the right to send the pet to a preferred adoption center, home or shelter e.g. SPCA, and it is strictly not the responsibility of PetBacker or the Pet Service Provider on any issues arising from the pet thereafter. We however advice to hold on to the pet for at least 24 hours in case the pet owner is delayed by an emergency. You may request for additional payment from the pet owner via PetBacker should the pet owner pick up the pet unreasonably late.
You may also be interested in:
In future if there is late pickup, you can ask owner for half day care extension. It help you in your profile with one extra repeated guest, and one extra job completed. Secondly.in the event there is a real case where parent didn't turn up, we will go through the abandoned and adoption process. However, we only kickstart the process after 48 hours to wait for the parents.
We will provide daily allowance for food up to 30 nights. The allowance is $1/day for pet sitters in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore. For all other countries the allowance will be $0.50/day. This applies only to Pet Boarding jobs.
We will also run an adoption program by posting on Facebook, Instagram and ads worth $30 for the month. However, it is your choice to send them to a pet shelter for adoption, we however strongly do not recommend it as is better to find a home for them with our effort.
The message template system is a new feature introduced in the latest version on September 11, 2019. It allows you to still respond to pet owners even if your account is restricted by the AI system, compared to previously where you were not allowed to respond to jobs entirely.
There could be a few reasons why you are seeing the message template as in the above screen when trying to send messages to a pet owner in the chat:
1) You might have shared personal contact information before a fully refundable pre-payment for the job was made. Tap here to read more about what the benefits are and why it is safer to make a pre-payment before sharing your personal contact information. Do contact us if you feel our AI system made a mistake.
2) You are new and have less than 1 hired job.
3) You have less than 10% repeated customers or 20% repeat jobs
A few ways for you to enable the functionality to send any message you want are:
1) Have the pet owner make pre-payment for that job. The pre-payment can always be refunded or transferred to another Backer after a meet and greet if the pet owner does not find you suitable.
2) For new users, get hired for 1 job to level up to chat freely.
3) For old users, increase your repeated customers and bookings by ensuring Pet Owners make subsequent bookings on PetBacker
4) Subscribe as a Sponsor.
Finally, to avoid this restriction, refrain from sharing any contact information or third party websites before a booking for the job is made.
You might also be interested in:
1) Open a moment tab and tap [+] icon (located at the top right for iOS and bottom right for Android) to post a message.
2) Tap [+] to add moment photos
3) Choose Photo from gallery or Take Photo for the moment
4) In the Add Status, tap on 'Tag owner/pet/job'.
5) Select job option.
6) Choose Job and pick related job and tap on Post
7) Published moment will appear in moment list.
If you are unable to get recommendations on PetBacker for the following reasons
- My friends are not on PetBacker and they find it too troublesome to sign up to leave me a recommendation
- I have not completed any jobs before
For the trust and security of the community, we will give you one final option to get approved on PetBacker
- Post your listing link on Facebook or other social media
- Ensure the post is public and mention @petbacker so we can access and verify the post
- Get 3 or more comments or recommendations endorsing your capability or love for pets on your post from your friends
- Send a screenshot to our support chat once you have achieved it
Please see the following examples of a post that we can accept
Statistics show that listings with reviews and recommendations get booked more, similar to how you wouldn't book a hotel or buy a product with no reviews or recommendations. Learn how to get reviews here.
You might also be interested in
If your account has been restricted from responding to jobs, you need to talk to the support team so we can explain to you how PetBacker works. The following are also likely reasons why your account has been restricted:
1. You may have requested for payment outside of the platform to skip service fees. We believe it is important for you to pay for service fees for us to grow the community with marketing and to pay for the IT team as well as the support team to maintain the platform
2. You may have too much cancellations. A good user experience is a priority to us thus too much cancellations will give pet owners a bad impression of Petbacker
3. You have too many complaints or reports from other users
A Private job is job that a pet owner made directly from your listing profile. The reason you only receive Private Jobs is because we still want to be fair to the community users who specifically wish to engage your services. Broadcasted Jobs is a privileged feature for users who believe in a level playing field without sharing their contacts with owners and with very little or no cancellation as well as strongly supportive of PetBacker. You may receive broadcasted jobs during peak periods after all other hosts have jobs or are fully booked.
Broadcasted jobs are being answered by a maximum of between 5 to 8 people, with the main advantage being that you get an opportunity to respond to requests even though the pet owner did not see your listing specifically, which also means you see more requests in your job list,
For fair Competition, your Broadcast Function will be restricted due to the following reasons
- - Your listing has been reported by the Community, which requires investigation by our Trust and Safety team to ensure a safe and secure pet care
- - You or owner exchange of contact info before booking on a Broadcast job
- - You received a 1 Star Review, which requires investigation by our Trust and Safety team to ensure a safe and secure pet care
- - Extension of bookings not paid via PetBacker, example found to only have 1 session for either training, grooming, walking for same users resulting in lesser funds for us to operate a secure and safe community with more trust and safety team.
- - Too many cancellations of booked jobs which give pet owners a bad experience.
- - Your profile page has info, links or photos which may result in driving traffic out to external sites, IG, FB resulting in an unfair usage of the platform
- - Not supportive of PetBacker for example leaving bad reviews on external sites or indirectly or directly encourage existing pet owners to avoid the platform resulting in other pet care providers being unable to receive more requests
You may also be interested in:
These are jobs acquired by PetBacker with paid Advertisements and Marketing. These are sent to all pet service providers which match the pet parent's requirements. Only the first 5 to 8 can respond to a Broadcasted job to reduce spam by Pet Host/Provider. Do answer the job promptly for a higher chance of getting hired.
These are jobs which the Owners sent to you directly from your Profile Page. You are more likely to win these jobs however the number of Private Jobs is lesser for new listings as you do not have enough repeated customers or good verified reviews.
You might also be interested in
The Petbacker Pet Sitter Assistance has been created for pet sitters who host exclusively on PetBacker to assist a pet sitter financially when a claim is not applicable for insurance. It is a gesture of goodwill from PetBacker. It only covers the pet sitter (excluding family, pets and friends) in the event of bites or other bodily injuries.
- The pet sitter can only claim 30% up to a maximum of $100 of any medical bills arising from the above mentioned bodily injuries. This assistance excludes property damage or any other physical item damage due to the pet and is not claimable.
The Pet Sitter Assistance is not valid should you have other pets staying with you during the incident that is not booked with PetBacker and can only be claimed a maximum of 3 times per year and once per pet. It is also not applicable to commercial entities. PetBacker will not be liable if the pet is lost or passes away and it is the full responsibility of the pet sitter.
- In the event a pet gets lost. The pet sitter will be liable for any other costs incurred. Petbacker will only offer $100 for advertising on FB, Google
- In the event a pet passes away, PetBacker will only offer $100 as a token of condolence to the pet owner on behalf of the pet sitter.
- Any fees related to impounds, shelters or fines related to the incident is excluded from the program and will not be claimable.
Occasionally , we may receive a complaint from the financial institution that a transaction is fraudulent and the job was not performed, and could be due to a fake or fraudulent credit card transaction. We will inform you when we are informed by the payment gateway company that the payment for your jobs with the affected owner will be held temporary.
The investigation with the financial institution can take up to 180 days before we are cleared to release the money to you as we too will be unable to receive that money from the payment gateway company as well.
If you believe the transaction is genuine, do update us and you can continue to engage the pet owner outside of our platform till the issue is resolved.
The distance of the job is displayed in the job details. You can find it by following the steps below.